There are lots of companies out there claiming to guarantee you first page placement in the organic search engine results pages (SERP).
It’s not all smoke and mirrors as they might make you think, there are three main things to get right that have the greatest influence over your organic search engine rankings, they are:
- Ensuring entire website can be readily accessed & crawled by search engine spiders.
- Good text:code ratio meaning page is not bloated with excessive code.
- Required tags (Title, Metatags, H1) are defined and unique to each page using the keywords and key-phrases you wish to rank for.
- Ensuring appropriate content is present in the right amounts and in the right places for search engines to index & readily interpret.
- Focus on only 1 or 2 primary keywords / key-phrases per page.
- Other relevant sites will want to link to useful content because they think it’s worthwhile.
- If your intended audience likes it, then the probability is that search engines will too.
- If pages are updated periodically with new content, then search engines and site visitors will keep coming back for more.
- A key aspect of good organic ranking on the search engine results page (SERP) is quality inbound hyperlinks, linking to your website.
- Enhancing a website’s reputation by securing inbound links from thematically relevant and authoritative sites.
- 60+% of SEO success depends on it.
- Use key-phrases in the linking text you want to rank for and link to the specific page that has that information.
- Ideally linked from a web page of higher Google pagerank than your own.
If you found this useful, please comment or share.